Challenges for charities
- Could you be achieving even more if only you had a clearer direction and a better way to know how you're doing on the way there?
- Find it hard to communicate and evidence the difference your organisation makes?
- Feel like your income could be more sustainable or diversified, if only you could explore other funding streams?
How NCVO consultancy can help
Without knowing where you want to go, there’s no way to decide on the best course of action or knowing if you’re getting any closer to a desirable goal. Good strategy is one of the core building blocks that allow your organisation to achieve its potential.
At NCVO we recognise that the ultimate goal for any charity is to create impact. This is why for us impact is at the heart of great strategy. Our experienced team of consultants are experts in developing and implementing strategies in charities, voluntary and community groups and social enterprises as well as mapping, measuring and communicating your impact.
We pioneered thinking about creating and leading impact in the voluntary sector, which we’re currently taking forward as a major partner in the Code of Good Impact Practice and the Inspiring Impact Programme, helping to set standards for the sector.
Funding and fundraising
Fundraising is about more than just money, and achieving financial sustainability, particularly in today's climate, is an increasing challenge.
That's why, as part of NCVO's work on planning and direction, we offer training and consulting on financial sustainability and funding strategy as well as fundraising, alongside our work on organisational strategy and impact.
NCVO consultancy services
Our aim is to help you have a clear direction, a robust way of measuring and communicating your impact and financial sustainability.
- Strategy research, review and development which includes:
- Horizon scanning
- Independent review of a strategy or a key strategic programme
- Support the design and delivery of the strategy development process
- Framework to help your organisation understand, measure and communicate your impact
- Help you develop the best impact practice, through your leaders and throughout your organisation
Funding and fundraising
- Run a funding strategy health check, or full review
- link your fundraising strategy with other strategies to boost organisational sustainability
- Embed effective fundraising practice across your organisations, working with staff, volunteers, trustees and stakeholders
- Analyse your portfolio to review current fundraising products
- Research the wider funding environment building on our policy and research work
- Support for implementing your funding strategy
If you have an issue that you think we may be able to help with, please get in touch.
- Complete our short enquiry form and we’ll get back to you