Charity Bank – loan supplier
Charity Bank is a loans and savings bank with a mission to use money for the common good. They lend exclusively to charities and social purpose organisations using the money their savers entrust to them.
NCVO member offer
NCVO members are entitled to a discount of 25% off their loan arrangement fees*. Apply for a loan with them by 28 February 2017, mentioning the code NCVO0001 in your application form.
About Charity Bank
You can apply for a loan from £50,000 up to £2.5m, or up to £3.5m in the case of housing associations, and more in partnership with other lenders.
Charity Bank's borrowers are using loans to:
- Buy property, community assets or development sites
- Develop social housing or community facilities
- Refurbish existing property
- Fund a social project
- Support running costs during the time it takes for a grant or other funding to arrive (bridge finance)
- Fund day to day operations (working capital)
Charity Bank's approach to lending:
- Making loans the traditional way, Charity Bank's regional managers take the time to meet and build relationships with their borrowers
- When you borrow from Charity Bank, you'll work closely with a regional manager, both to strengthen your organisation and to further your mission
- Charity Bank recycle the money repaid to them and lend it to other charities and social enterprises
Charity Bank negotiate each loan individually and put your application through an assessment process, which determines whether they are able to support you. If you’re new to the community of borrowers (you haven’t enquired, applied or borrowed from them since 1 March 2010) and they’re able to lend to you, you’ll receive the discount.
Advice and support
To meet one of their regional managers and apply for a loan, or to simply get some guidance, contact them on:
|Telephone||01732 441 919|
*Charity Bank standard arrangement fee is 1% of the agreed loan but may vary depending on the complexity of the transaction.