An organisational strategy is a set of principles and assumptions about how the organisation will achieve its mission in the coming years. This includes how the organisation will set its priorities, interact with its environment and deal with change.
NCVO has a number of ways in which it can provide support and resources to help organisations plan their strategy and achieve their goals. NCVO member organisations benefit from discounts on some of our resources. Not an NCVO member? Find out more about NCVO membership.
KnowHow Nonprofit is our main advice and support website and the ‘go to’ place for social learning in the voluntary sector. You'll find anything from expert advice and top tips to crowd-sourced how-to guides and online training courses on any area of voluntary sector management.
View our strategy resources on Knowhow Nonprofit.
StudyZone video training courses
StudyZone is the video training platform of the voluntary sector. Our practical, bite-sized videos are delivered by top trainers and consultants and cover all areas of voluntary sector management. NCVO member organisations get a 30% discount on any StudyZone course or subscription. Watch our courses on organisational strategy straight from your desk:
- Strategy made easy: simple steps to producing your strategic plan
- Organisational values: how to practise what we preach
- Innovating to survive and grow
- Managing change in your non-profit
- How to be resilient
How-tos are practical, step-by-step guides written by our KnowHow community. Here are some of our how-to guides related to organisational strategy:
- How to adapt HR strategy in touch economic times
- How to identify, assess and manage the risks associated with trading
- How to make a start evaluating your funding mix
- How to decide whether to respond to a tender opportunity
- How to make the business case for a re-brand
- How to successfully succession plan
Bespoke support on organisational strategy
At NCVO we offer bespoke, specialist advice on strategy to voluntary and community organisations striving to make a difference. Donald Ritchie and James Barker are our expert consultants on strategy especially creating impact and strategy development. NCVO members benefit from a 20% discount.
Want more from NCVO?
Take a look at the benefits our 10,500 member organisations already use to make a difference. Find out more about becoming an NCVO member.