Roots HR CIC – HR services provider
Roots HR enables organisations to improve performance and sustainability through better people management, ensuring an understanding of and compliance with employment legislation, and freeing organisational resources for frontline service delivery.
NCVO member offers
- Free HR advice line
- Discounts for NCVO member organisations are available on most services
HR Advice Line*
- Members are offered up to one hour of free HR advice or support per month, every month
- The service is limited to one new topic or case per month
- The advice can be accessed up to four separate times, for a maximum of 15 minutes each time, on the one topic per month
- The service can be accessed by phone or email or a combination of these
- Provided by a team of fully qualified and experienced chartered consultants, the service is offered from 8.30 to 17.00, Monday to Friday (excluding bank and public holidays)
- COMPLY - Employment Compliance and Documentation Services eg advice line, healthchecks, documentation creation and updates.
- PERFORM - Scoping, planning, design, delivery, management and review of people-focused projects eg grievances and dispute resolution, pay and benefits and restructures and redundancies.
- GROW - Learning and development services eg training, webinars, facilitation and mentoring.
- ADAPT - Services to help employees to move on after redundancy eg cv critique, re-writing and updating, personality profiles and preparation for interviews and assessments.
About Roots HR CIC
Roots HR CIC is a specialist consultancy for human resources and H&S services for the social sector, delivering high quality, tailored and affordable consultancy services to charities, voluntary and community groups, social enterprises and any other social sector organisations. Founded in 2009 as a social enterprise, they provide affordable services designed to attract and engage the sector rather than to maximise profit. Trading surpluses are used to further the management of people within social sector workforces through activities such as the provision of the NCVO member advice line..
*The helpline service is employer-led; Roots HR provides advice only to a suitable officer of the organisation and does not offer the service to members of the workforce seeking advice on their own circumstances.