NCVO/BWB Trustee Conference 2016: Governance in the spotlight
Join over 400 colleagues from across the sector at the leading annual event for charity trustees.
|Date||7 November 2016|
|Location||The Brewery, London|
The spotlight is currently being directed at charities and their governance. We’re being closely scrutinised by the media, public, government, our stakeholders and each other. Voluntary sector governance is being questioned and put to the test, and we need to ensure we are fully prepared to lead our organisations.
Whether you are a new trustee or have years of experience in the role, it is crucial that you understand your responsibilities and keep up to date with the latest developments in governance. Join us to get essential updates on regulation, to explore what board leadership should look like in the current climate and for a unique opportunity to meet and learn from your peers.
This event is designed to help you continue to develop the skills and knowledge needed to effectively lead your organisations.
The winners of the Winifred Tumim Memorial Prize for best practice in charity governance will be announced in the evening. Enter the competition to have a chance of winning £1000 for your organisation.
Join us on Monday 7 November to:
- get practical tools and guidance to help you to be a better trustee
- develop your skills in our range of expert-led workshops
- hear the latest legal and regulatory updates from the Charity Commission and BWB
- consider and discuss how you can effectively take your board and organisation forward
- benefit from 15 minutes' expert advice on a specific topic in 1-2-1 sessions
- learn from your peers and share your challenges and successes in networking opportunities throughout the day.
Who should attend?
Trustees, chairs, honorary treasurers, chief executives and anyone who works with a governance board will find the day particularly beneficial.
|NCVO members (early bird)||£185||£279|
|Non-members (early bird)||£265||£398|
|NCVO members (standard rate)||£206||£310|
|Non-members (standard rate)||£294||£443|
Book your place by Friday 9 September for your 10% early bird discount.
If you book more than two places, the third and any subsequent bookings receive our 10% multiple booking discount, in addition to any early bird or membership discounts.
|Drinks reception sponsor|