B3: Volunteering in public services: A brighter future with better services or a cover for cuts?
As leaders of charities and champions of volunteering we can play a part in leading the debate on the role of volunteering in public services and defending the reputation of volunteering.
Join our expert panel to discuss and debate the key issues including:
- What are the benefits of involving volunteers in public services?
- How can volunteers best work alongside paid staff?
- Is volunteering just a cover for cuts?
- What does government need to do to ensure that volunteering has a positive impact on public services?
- Justin Davis-Smith, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Charity Effectiveness at Cass Business School
- Matt Dykes, Senior Policy Officer for Public Services, TUC
- Oonagh Aitken, Chief Executive, Volunteering Matters
- Phil Lancaster, Volunteering Lead, Chief Fire Officers Association