Data protection reform – an introduction to the GDPR for the voluntary sector
In 2018, new regulations come into force intended to give individuals greater control over how organisations use their data. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will affect how charities work with data and look after this valuable information. The new laws are more detailed and carry the potential for hefty financial penalties. We recommend you plan for this now. This course will be your first step toward becoming GDPR compliant.
|Date||25 May 2017|
|Location||NCVO Conference Suite, London N1|
This interactive course will help you understand and implement your data processing in terms of storage, access, what you do if there is a data breach and training your staff.
By the end of the day you will have:
- a full understanding of the principles and conditions of data processing and data subject rights under GDPR
- used practical tools to ensure your organisation complies with Data Protection legislation
- discussed the role and responsibility of your data controller, information asset owners and SIRO
- looked at subject access requests and how to deal with them, consent and other conditions for processing, international transfers of data and how to protect your data when using third party suppliers such as printers
- understood how to identify risk in your organisation.
NCVO Conference Suite, Kings Cross, London, N1 9RL. Find us.
Who should attend?
Anyone within an organisation that handles or processes the personal data of supporters, volunteers, customers and staff. This course will also be suitable for individuals that procure services from third parties where personal data is shared.
Who runs it?
Mark Burnett is an NCVO associate and a fully trained Data Protection Officer. He is an experienced fundraiser and marketer and can offer a unique insight into how GDPR will impact on the voluntary sector. He is Head of Charity Partnerships at ClearComm as well as a Committee member, treasurer and recognised Trainer for the IoF South East and London regions, Member of the IoF Special Interest Group committee for Fundraising Consultants.
Our pricing structure is based on your organisation’s gross annual income. We also offer a 30% discount for NCVO members
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
We offer bespoke and in-house training on a range of topics, including governance and leadership, sustainable funding and strategy development. For more information please complete our online contact form.