Employer supported volunteering for charities
Are you a registered charity? Do you wish to develop an employer supported volunteering offer? Let us bring you face to face with companies that want to partner with you.
22 May 2017
09.15 – 1.30
NCVO Conference Suite, London N1
NCVO have partnered with Business in the Community to help you make the case for employer supported volunteering to your staff and volunteers. Find out what you need to have in place to attract companies to volunteer with you, what strategic opportunities you can develop and what practical matters you should consider to make volunteering an effective method for engaging staff, trustees and communities. Come face to face with businesses over a networking lunch and challenge your own perceptions about the corporate sector.
By the end of the day you will have:
- Developed an understanding of how ESV can help you deliver your charitable mission.
- Articulated an ‘ask’ that is based around your charitable mission and meeting the needs of the company.
- Identified opportunities for volunteers that bring skills that add value to the work of your organisation.
- Improved your understanding of what will and won’t motivate companies so that you can confidently make your ask.
- Identified what you need to do within your organisation to create the conditions and climate for ESV.
- Increased your awareness of the culture and language of the private sector.
NCVO Conference Suite, Kings Cross, London, N1 9RL. Where are we?
Who should attend?
This half day workshop is aimed at NCVO member charities that wish to attract volunteers from the private sector for the strategic development of their charity.
Who runs it?
This workshop will be led by NCVO staff members Jarina Choudhury, NCVO volunteering development consultant and Andy Melia, head of community investment, BITC. The session will include a networking business lunch with companies seeking to develop a volunteering offer to their employees.
This workshop is ring-fenced to NCVO members and is competitively priced at £150 per person. Lunch is included.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
We offer bespoke and in-house training on a range of topics, including all aspects of volunteering development, governance and leadership, sustainable funding and strategy. For more information please complete our online contact form.