Charity project management masterclass
Are you confident in your general project management skills but looking to strengthen your expertise in delivering successful projects? This intensive one-day course moves beyond the ‘basics’ and goes deeper into a range of dynamic project management techniques and smarter principles, in a specific charity context.
|Date||27 April 2017|
|Location||NCVO Conference Suite, London N1|
The course builds on the material covered in our two-day Project management in the voluntary sector course.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- apply the MoSCoW method for identifying project requirements at the outset
- identify assumptions and address them at the planning stage
- undertake a detailed critical path analysis for your project
- define the project’s key performance indicators and how you will measure progress against them
- build in lessons learned for current and future project delivery
- identify the key drivers of project success and failure in the charity context
- implement appropriate good governance practices for your project
- systematically manage change and its implications within your project delivery
- identify different software tools and online resources to further develop your project management skills.
NCVO Conference Suite, Kings Cross, London, N1 9RL. Where are we?
Who should attend?
Experienced Project Managers who have had some previous project management training. We recommend completing the two-day Project management in the voluntary sector course prior to this course if you have not had recent project management training.
Who runs it?
Clare Sharpen is a CIPD qualified trainer with over 12 years' experience of working in the voluntary and social enterprise sectors. Clare has worked at a senior level on the management and boards of charities and social enterprises and has a strong track record of managing complex voluntary sector projects. She brings practical expertise and first-hand experience into her training delivery.
Our pricing structure is based on your organisation’s gross annual income. We also offer a 30% discount for NCVO members. Please note, if your organistion is not VAT registered, you will need to select 'register as an individual' on the order form.
Not quite what you are looking for?
For the fundamentals of Project Management our two-day Project management in the voluntary sector course will give you an understanding of the basics.
If you are interested in risk managment in the sector, then our one day course on charity risk may be of interest.
We also have a two day course on strategy for growth and development.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
We offer bespoke and in-house training on a range of topics, including governance and leadership, sustainable funding and strategy development. For more information please complete our online contact form.