NCVO National Volunteering Forum
Volunteering in the public sector: What can charities learn?
|Date||19 January 2017|
|Location||NCVO, London N1|
Our public services face significant challenges as they seek to deliver more with less; having to cope with increased demand at a time of reduced public spending.
Volunteering and engaging communities can be part of the solution and across the public sector we are seeing a time of change and transition as services are reshaped and re-designed with volunteering in mind.
Join us and a panel of experts to discuss what we can learn about volunteering policy and practice from the public sector.
On the day we will explore:
- what we can we learn about managing change in volunteering
- what this tells us about the boundaries of volunteering - are there things volunteers should not and cannot do?
- how we can take volunteers with us at a time of change and ensure they have a say
- the challenges of involving volunteers in the public sector and how are they being overcome
- how these challenges and solutions apply to volunteering in charities and what can we learn to inform our policy and practice.
Who should attend?
Volunteer-involving organisations and volunteer infrastructure bodies from around England.
Who runs it?
The volunteering development unit within NCVO.
How to book