Project management in the voluntary sector
This two day practical project management course will give you the principles and practical tools to manage your project more efficiently and successfully.
|Date||17 and 18 January 2018|
|Time||09.30 - 16.30|
|Location||NCVO Conference Suite, London|
This project management course is tailored to the voluntary sector. It will take you on a journey over two days to introduce the principles associated with planning, implementing, managing and evaluating your project.
We will give you the practical tools to take away to help you throughout the project life cycle and to show the impact of your project.
This course will cover:
- principles and challenges involved with project management in the voluntary sector
- setting the project in the context of your organisation's work
- the project life cycle
- financial management of a project (s)
- project planning using a range of project management tools
- identifying and working with project stakeholders
- team development and team work
- voluntary sector case studies
- monitoring and reporting during the project
- showing the impact of your project and how that can feedback into future projects.
By the end of the day you will have:
- Understood the principles associated with project management
- Used a range of practical project management tools which you can use in your everyday work
- Set your project in the context of your organisation’s mission and objects
- Understood how to monitor and report your project to show its overall impact.
NCVO Conference Suite
8 All Saints Street
Who should attend
This course will be useful to new and existing voluntary sector project and programme managers to want to learn new techniques help them successfully manage their projects.
I thought the tutor was excellent. There were lots of interactive tasks and I felt engaged at all times. Kieran Connolly, London Sport
Many of us do this kind of work on a daily basis but don't appreciate where it fits in with the theory and tools. It was so useful to formalise my on the job learning and I will feel more confident delivering projects in the future. Ruby Bayley-Pratt, MS Society
Very good and relevant course, directly applicable to my work. Can put what I learnt to immediate and practical use. Karina McKnight CSSC - Sport and Leisure
This course is extremely interactive and practical which is exactly what I needed. Susannah Kerr, BHF
Who runs it
Clare Sharpen is a CIPD qualified trainer with over 12 years' experience of working in the voluntary and social enterprise sectors. Clare has worked at a senior level on the management and boards of charities and social enterprises and has a strong track record of managing complex voluntary sector projects. She brings practical expertise and first-hand experience into her training delivery.
Our pricing structure is based on your organisation's gross annual income. We also offer discounts for NCVO members (30%).
Can't make this date
The next course will be run on the 21 and 22 March 2018.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
We offer bespoke and in-house training on a range of topics, including governance and leadership, sustainable funding and strategy development. For more information please complete our online contact form.