The high performance board
This practical course aims to help delegates work together on real life scenarios that actual boards are facing.
|Date||16 March 2018|
|Time||09.30 - 16.30|
|Location||NCVO Conference Suite, London|
This course draws on NCVO's cutting edge thinking, developed from our governance work with a range of charities over many years, to help you to create a high performing board.
By the end of the day you will have:
- considered how to undertake a skills audit
- identified key areas of good practice in board recruitment and review
- discussed how to deal with challenging board members and conflict
- examined how to engender team working on a board
- considered how to develop and retain existing board members
- examined the importance of succession planning
- considered how to build an effective working relationship between the board and CEO/senior management team.
NCVO Conference Suite, Society Building, 8 All Saints Street, London, N1 9RL. Where are we?
Who should attend?
Trustees and those with a role to play in the development of an effective board, such as CEOs. This course has an emphasis on the practical application of the above elements. For a more theoretical course see our Charity Trustees: Induction and refresher training.
“I came on this course at the end of January and I have to say it was excellent. A really good day and a really worthwhile investment. So I can thoroughly recommend it.” Lucie Dutton, Head of Governance, The Girls' Day School Trust.
Our pricing structure is based on your organisation’s gross annual income. We also offer a 30% discount for NCVO members.
Not quite what you are looking for?
If you are a new trustee, or you would like a refresher in your overall roles and responsibilities, then look at our Charity Trustee: Induction and refresher course instead
If you need help with the finances, our one day course on Understanding the numbers may be of interest.
Would you like to run this training for your organisation?
We offer bespoke and in-house training on a range of topics, including governance and leadership, sustainable funding and strategy development. For more information please complete our online contact form.