An introduction to coaching skills
Coaching is an essential skillset for any manager, leader or team supervisor who wants to become better at engaging, influencing and supporting others. A coaching approach gives managers and leaders a highly effective toolkit they can use to develop a more empowered and motivated workforce.
This training provides a very practical introduction to the main coaching skills and techniques, in a supportive environment, to enable you to hold a coaching style conversation in confidence straightaway.
|Date||5 September 2017|
|Location||NCVO Conference Suite, London|
By the end of the day you will:
- understand the principles underpinning a successful coaching conversation and ensure your coaching conversations create impact and achieve outcomes
- know how to develop a focus and mind set for coaching
- be able to identify when a coaching approach is helpful, and when other approaches might be more effective.
- have increased awareness and built capability of the key coaching skills with feedback from peers in a supportive environment
- be able to use a simple outcome focused framework to support any coaching style conversations
- be able to use a range of questions for different coaching outcomes
- know how to challenge others constructively, and help others create a change in mind set, and behaviour.
- understand how to give feedback which helps to develop confidence and competence.
Who should attend?
Managers, leaders, supervisors who want to improve coaching awareness, skills and confidence and thereby enhance the quality of support they offer their staff and also volunteers. It's also relevant to those who are looking to improve service delivery outcomes through enabling staff to take ownership and responsibility for the quality and impact of service delivery.
Who runs this course?
Will Jackson is a highly qualified and experienced coach and coaching supervisor who has worked extensively with leaders and managers across the healthcare, local and national government, and education sectors, as well as charities and start-up enterprises. He also trains managers and new leaders to develop and grow their coaching and mentoring skills and capability. Will works with mentoring and befriending organisations to help them support and supervise their volunteers effectively. He is also an experienced group facilitator and Action Learning Coach, enabling organisations to make the most of the valued knowledge and experience that lies within their own staff and volunteers.