Charity leadership in the 2020s
Charity leadership in the 2020s is NCVO’s programme for the next generation of non-profit leaders.
"The course was facilitated with knowledge, confidence and sensitivity. A truly brilliant opportunity for all attending - to examine in depth the characteristics, skills and processes needed for successful leadership in our sector. A fantastic group experience too." Course delegate 2016
|Date||18–20 June and 21 November 2017|
|Location||Royal Foundation of St Katherine, Limehouse|
Who should apply?
The programme is designed for those who aspire to be sector leaders and champions in the 2020s, and who want to take a considered and deliberate approach. You might be an emerging leader, a manager in charge of a team in a larger organisation, or even a CEO who is running a small organisation looking to advance their skills.
We aspire for learners to see themselves as agents of positive change and to develop the capacity to envision a better future for all. As a charity leaders in the 2020s you will be able to:
- maximise your ability to be an effective leader in your organisation and the sector
- be entrepreneurial and digitally empowered
- be open and transparent
- recognise that the journey is as important as the destination
- listen more attentively to contrasting opinions
- negotiate more successfully with others
- encourage responsibility in every aspect of their work
- take steps to build the capacities of others.
Participants will be supported to work with the tensions and challenges reflected in the model below.