Charity BackRoom offer electronic online systems enabling organisations to manage their Disclosure applications with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) throughout England and Wales.
NCVO member offer
Discounted set-up fee (£20 instead of £70) and discounted admin fees for all disclosure applications submitted through Charity BackRoom by NCVO members.
In 2009, in an effort to streamline the error-prone, time-consuming, and costly paper DBS application process, the DBS launched eBulk – the online system that organisations can use to submit their DBS checks. So far it’s been a great success, with thousands of UK organisations submitting millions of applications online.
In line with this trend, our members are now being offered discounted access to electronic DBS checks:
Charity BackRoom will help organisations obtain checks for employees and volunteers fitting the DBS criteria of eligibility. Administration fees are £10.50 + VAT for online checks (£12 for non-members) and £15+VAT for paper based applications. These are in addition to the DBS fees, currently free for volunteer roles, £26 for standard checks and £44 for enhanced checks.
Key benefits of using Charity BackRoom
- 90% of applications are returned in under 10 days – roughly half the time it takes to process paper applications.
- Proactive management of your applications means any issues are resolved quickly and easily – plus you can track your applications as they progress.
- There’s a full management information suite to generate and export system reports.
- Submitting DBS checks online means that applications are verified as they’re entered – this method has resulted in a 0.1% application rejection rate with the DBS.
- Reduced costs: In December 2014, a prominent UK organisation calculated that each paper DBS check cost their organisation at least £15.00 when labour, postage etc. were considered. Electronic DBS checks reduce this cost significantly.
About Charity BackRoom
Charity BackRoom provides you access to a secure and easy-to-use system that allows you to submit electronic DBS checks. If you’re currently submitting paper applications, their in-depth understanding all things DBS, combined with sector-specific knowledge, will ensure a smooth transition for your organisation from paper to electronic DBS applications. If you’re already submitting your DBS applications electronically, you can switch providers easily at no additional cost.
Advice and support
Find out more and register
|Web||Charity Backroom e-DBS checks|
|Telephone||01603 756 726|