Lucas Fettes & Partners – automatic enrolment, employee benefits and risk management
Lucas Fettes & Partners is a national, independently owned financial adviser, employee benefits advisory practice and insurance broker, specialising in the charity and voluntary sector. Through a network of offices, they can offer a service to clients throughout the UK.
Lucas Fettes & Partners are committed to helping charities and voluntary organisations meet their automatic enrolment duties, and have been doing so since the legislation was introduced.
To cater for smaller organisations, they have an affordable, ‘remote’ automatic enrolment solution Easy as AE which includes:
- advice to help you make key decisions and set up a suitable workplace pension scheme for your organisation
- advice and guidance on how to manage your compliance duties
- access to technical support through telephone and email helpdesk.
NCVO members receive a 10% discount, with prices starting at £899 plus VAT.
Regardless of your current pension provision you should start planning for automatic enrolment at least 9–12 months before your staging date.
Group life insurance/death in service
Available to NCVO members with 2–25 employees*
We may think it won’t happen to us but unfortunately 1 in 8 men** and 1 in 12 women** will die during their working lives.
Your organisation can provide cover for employees so that in the unfortunate event of their death, a tax-free cash lump sum will be paid to their dependants. Medical conditions are not taken into account and it can cost from as little as £2*** per month per person. For many employees the peace of mind it can bring has real value.
Lucas Fettes & Partners can provide you with an initial quote in the first instance from their preferred supplier. There is no charge for this. If you decide to set up a scheme they offer two options:
- Death in Service Standard - for an initial set up fee of £500 we will confirm your requirements and prepare a recommendation for cover and establish the scheme on your behalf with our preferred supplier.
- Death in Service Premium - for an initial set up fee of £750 we will confirm your requirements before completing a whole of market comparison and making a recommendation.
Annual ongoing serving is included for free in the first policy year. A servicing charge of £450 per annum would apply thereafter; servicing will include dealing with:
- any underwriting / medical evidence requirements
- death claims
- membership queries.
** Source: ONS
*** Set-up costs are not included, and ongoing costs will vary according to the level of cover and number of employees.
The charity and not for profit sector today: An employee and volunteer viewpoint, a survey by Lucas Fettes & Partners, revealed that 52% of voluntary sector employees don’t know if their employer provides employee benefits. Given only 39% of those employees said they felt valued at work and 20% are not at all confident in their employer’s ability to retain staff, employee benefits should be higher up the list of employers’ priorities.
Lucas Fettes & Partners can advise on and arrange a variety of employee benefits, such as pensions, death in service, medical insurance, income protection, healthcare cash plans, employee assistance programmes (EAPs) and health screening.
As one of the UK’s leading independent, Lloyd’s accredited insurance brokers, Lucas Fettes & Partners can help trustees to deal with all manner of challenges, for example trustee liabilities, strategic risks, fundraising risks, emerging risks like data protection and social media, and property loss.
Their broad range of risk management solutions include:
- insurance placement (we work alongside CaSE Insurance, NCVO’s Trusted Supplier for Insurance)
- health and safety and employment law risk management solutions
- business continuity planning
- specialist trustee and management liability insurance
- trustee liability training
- claims management, through to full disaster recovery
- valuations and asset tracking
- crisis management.
Free, no obligation risk assessment and consultation
Lucas Fettes & Partners are happy to offer a free, no obligation risk assessment and consultation for NCVO members.
Contact Lucas Fettes & Partners
|Telephone||01603 706 820|
Lucas Fettes & Partners (Financial Services) Limited are independent and restricted financial advisers authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Lucas Fettes & Partners Limited are independent insurance intermediaries authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.