PQASSO mentors are trained by NCVO in the use of PQASSO and the skills and techniques to support organisations using the system.
How can PQASSO mentors help?
PQASSO mentors are authorised to use NCVO PQASSO materials and training materials, and also have access to ongoing mentoring training, support and information from us.
A PQASSO mentor could help your organisation with:
- the PQASSO self-assessment process
- thinking about setting up working groups in your organisation
- providing one-to-one support
- presenting to your trustees or leadership group
- providing on-site training for your staff
- supporting you through the PQASSO Quality Mark process.
All of our mentors have different skills and areas of expertise, and offer different services.
NCVO cannot guarantee that all licensed PQASSO mentors will have the skills or expertise that you need or that they will be right for your organisation. Care and attention are required when choosing a mentor to make sure that the mentor is competent to provide the support that you need. NCVO recommends that you take up references.
Download the list of PQASSO mentors (xlsx, 420KB).
Find out more about the support available for PQASSO.
Become a PQASSO mentor
Becoming a PQASSO mentor can provide many benefits to you and your organisation:
- you will improve your knowledge of PQASSO and quality assurance
- you will join a nationwide network of mentors, including an email exchange group
- you will advance your training and communication skills
- you will increase your own, or your employing organisation’s, potential for income generation
- you will receive a comprehensive pack of training materials to support your mentoring work and the NCVO PQASSO mentor logo
- you will receive ongoing mentoring support from NCVO via telephone and email.
PQASSO mentors are licensed by NCVO for a three-year period after which they are required to renew their licence. Please note that NCVO licenses individual mentors rather than their host organisations. PQASSO mentors are not paid or employed by NCVO; they work for independent organisations, statutory agencies or are self-employed.
PQASSO mentors are trained by NCVO to provide support, training and advice on PQASSO implementation. They cannot assess or accredit organisations, eg issue certificate or letters to show that an organisation has met the PQASSO standards. They are also not able to tell organisations whether or not they are in a position to achieve the PQASSO Quality Mark.
PQASSO mentors are required to inform prospective clients of the following:
NCVO licensed status means that the practitioner has demonstrated a commitment to providing a high quality service of training and mentoring to support organisations wishing to implement PQASSO, as evidenced by the fact that they have completed three days of training provided by NCVO. We cannot guarantee that all licensed PQASSO mentors will have the skills or expertise that you need, nor that they will be right for your organisation. Care and attention are required when choosing a mentor to ensure that the person is competent to provide the support that you need and we recommend that you take up references.