We are committed to supporting, enabling and celebrating volunteering in all its diversity. We have support and resources for all aspects of volunteering.
Volunteering is someone spending time, unpaid, doing something that aims to benefit the environment or someone who they're not closely related to. Volunteering must be a choice freely made by each individual.
For volunteering to be effective, it needs to be supported. Volunteer Centres are our local delivery partners, providing assistance to individual volunteers and volunteer involving organisations.
Volunteers' Week is an annual event, coordinated by NCVO, which takes place on 1-7 June, recognising and celebrating the contribution made by volunteers nationwide.
Volunteer Centres are our local delivery partners, providing assistance to individual volunteers and volunteer involving organisations.
- Volunteer Centre Quality Accreditation (VCQA)
NCVO offers a range of resources on volunteering, including:
- Information sheets
- How-to guides
- Video training on StudyZone
Our National Volunteering Forum brings together volunteer-involving organisations and volunteer infrastructure bodies from around England to discuss issues of shared concern, feed into NCVO’s policy positions and to network. We run three events every year, including at least one outside of London.
You can view slideshows, tweets and reports from previous events at the links below:
'How to' guides
Benchmark the quality of your volunteer management and involvement
Strengthen your organisation, provide a better service for your users and increase funding.
- NCVO UK Civil Society Almanac - statistics on volunteering
- The Institute of Volunteering Research evidence bank
- Volunteering case studies (KnowHowNonProfit)
- IIVE is the UK award recognising commitment to best practice in employer supported volunteering
- Step on Board trains and helps your senior employees and emerging leaders to take up positions on the boards of charities and other organisations, while benefiting both your organisation and community
- Big charities continue to grow as smaller charities struggle
- Young people’s volunteering levels show sharp increase The income of Britain’s biggest charities grew in 2013/14, while that of smaller and medium-sized charities’ decreased in real terms, new analysis ...
- Volunteers’ Week 2016 – The Big Celebration to thank volunteers
- Events are being planned across the country to mark Volunteers' Week 2016, taking place 1-12 June. The annual campaign, which was established in 1984, recognises the contribution volunteers make to our ...