Good Guide to Trading
Getting ready for enterprise
Trading in goods and services is an increasingly important source of unrestricted income for civil society organisations. Many find that it makes a valuable contribution to their independence, sustainability and growth.
The Good Guide to Trading takes you through the process of launching a successful trading initiative from start to finish. Aimed at anyone with responsibility for raising money, the guide will be useful to organisations that are:
- new to trading but would like to explore the options
- already undertaking some trading activity but need some guidance on how to do it
- already trading and wish to expand or refocus their activities.
Guidance is presented in an easy-to-use format, with tools, case studies, signposts to other resources, key tips, and pitfalls to be aware of.
The book is divided into four parts:
- Part 1 puts trading into context within the sector, and explores the importance of a sustainable funding strategy
- Part 2 looks at the overall readiness of your organisation to develop trading activity
- Part 3 looks in detail at how to identify a specific trading idea and ensure it fits with your existing organisation
- Part 4 includes a directory of further support and a glossary.
The Good Guide to Trading is the result of the successful collaboration between NCVO's Sustainable Funding Project and CASS Business School.
|Price (each)||£ 25.00|
|Price (each)||£ 17.50|