All Party Parliamentary Group on Charities and Volunteering
The All Party Parliamentary Group on Charities and Volunteering (formerly the APPG on Civil Society and Volunteering) provides a forum for discussing the issues affecting the voluntary and community sector. NCVO is delighted to provide the secretariat for this group.
Meetings are attended by a range of parliamentarians and members of the voluntary sector. Recent topics have ranged from the role of charities in campaigning to volunteer internships. The APPG also holds a yearly meeting with the Charity Commission and the Minister for Civil Society.
Officers to the APPG in the current parliament are:
- Susan Elan Jones MP (Labour Party)
- Chris White MP (Conservative Party)
- Lord Hodgson of Astley Abbotts (Conservative Party)
- Baroness Pitkeathley (Labour Party)
- Martin Docherty MP (Scottish National Party)
- Dr Paul Monaghan MP (Scottish National Party)
- Lord Shinkwin (Conservative Party)
The APPG on Charities and Volunteering is registered with the House of Commons. Further details can be found in this document.
How to get involved
|13 April 2016
|Committee Room 6, Houses of Parliament||Social investments|